May 3, 2010

The Kraken



I didn't really plan on painting the Kraken, I was just messing around, putting down random brushstrokes and not really knowing what was going to be the final image.

I haven't seen the new version of Clash of the Titans but the original has always been a favorite even though by today's standards, it's a very goofy movie. The Harryhausen stop-motion animation is awesome and the Medusa scene is still one of the most tense and atmospheric scenes ever committed to film.

This was so much fun to paint, seeing how far I could push myself and really add in some story to the painting.

Release the Kraken!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thats more like I remember the story...and the old film. She was tied to a rock in the sea...not on a platform...likes it very much.
    Would be cool to see a pic from before it emerged fully out of the water too...just its head...dripping water and seaweed etc.

    ReplyDelete